Breakfast, it's the hardest one to get right for some reason! Is it organisation? Is it snoozing through one too many alarms? Whatever it is we need to break the habit and break the fast!
The importance of breakfast in any weight loss journey is that it's the metabolism kick-starter for the day, meaning your body isn't holding back it's resources for energy production, i.e. burning calories.
So here is a super simple recipe to whip up on a Sunday to get you ready for the week, your options are endless with ingredients.
What you'll need:
- A carton of eggs
- 200g of Protein of choice (Ham, Smoked Salmon, Bacon, Chicken etc)
- Punnet of sliced Cherry Tomatoes
- Handful of Spinach
- Sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
- Salt + Pepper
- Preheat the Oven to 180 degrees
- Grease a glass cooking bowl (preferably with Butter)
1. Here's the real easy part, crack the eggs into the baking bowl, whisk them all, then simply add every ingredient into that same bowl.
2. Give it a good mix, place it into the oven and walk away!
3. Let bake for 20-30 mins until that quiche texture takes shape!
4. This should get you 6-8 serves
5. If it looks something like this, you've done the job well!
This is a super simple recipe that takes every excuse out of the book. Is high in protein, low in carbohydrate, gluten free and has so many variations to it.
It's an absolute winner to container up and heat up at work or eat cold on the go.
Parents? Hide a ton of veggies in there to suprise the kids.
Need more snacks? Divide the mix into muffin trays to get more out of your mixture.
Give it a shot and let us know what you think!